Posted by: Jacques Ludik 1 year, 2 months ago
In follow-up to the keynote address at LaunchLab‘s Business Mixer event in Stellenbosch on 26 October 2016 and the Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa (MIIA) event at Rise Africa in Cape Town on 27 October 2016, this blog post contains the links to the videos and presentations at the respective events. Due to the success of the October MIIA Meetup, we are looking at showcasing and sharing some more Data Science & Machine Intelligence use cases and related material by members of the MIIA community in November. See details about the event below.
Keynote address at the Business Mixer event of Stellenbosch University LaunchLab on 26 October 2016
Title: Artificial Intelligence, a key technology in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa Meetup at Rise Africa, Cape Town on 27 October 2016
- Overview of the latest MIIA developments – Dr Jacques Ludik [3:20]
- Introduction to the Data Science Academy – Paul Saunders [21:00]
- Causality – Helge Reikeras [26:45]
- Turning Data into Action at Zoona using predictive and guided analytics & tools – Dr Thuso Simon [44:30]
- Optimizing Mobile Clinic Locations using Spatial Data – Alex Conway [1:00:48]
- Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxzNs-HspAzYSDJ0MWpVcDdfYnc/view?usp=sharing
- Software demo screenshots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxzNs-HspAzYeDdieFdKcUxIWVU/view?usp=sharing
- Social Network Analysis using Apache Spark and Neo4J – Dr Charles Copley [1:18:50]
- Bennit.AI, Intelligent Production Assistant for Manufacturing – Dr Jacques Ludik
The photos associated with these events are available here:
MIIA Meetup at LaunchLab, Stellenbosch on 30 November 2016 at 6pm
Similar to the theme of the MIIA Meetup in October, we are looking at showcasing and sharing some more Data Science & Machine Intelligence use cases and related material by members of the MIIA community in November. MIIA members and others who would like to present are welcome to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meetup will kick-off at 6pm with presentations and Q&A (approximately an hour) followed by sufficient time for networking and discussions afterwards.
See also link to map for more details about the location (Hammandshand Road, Stellenbosch): https://goo.gl/maps/xrgD6JjiDpH2
Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa (MIIA)
Anyone interested to join MIIA and/or participate in using smart technologies to help address African problems such as those in education, finance, healthcare, energy, agriculture and unemployment is welcome to do this here. See How to participate for more details on various ways to help MIIA execute its mission.